It’s that time of year! The months are about to fly by as we try to jam in weekend getaways and warm weather escapes. In an effort to get the most out of a much needed vacay, we’ve put together our favorite beauty travel tips for staying beautified despite dry recycled airplane air, limited packing space and remote locations.
Make Sure You Mist:
We love this Beauty Elixir by Caudalie so much we use it year-round. Especially wonderful after a long flight or anywhere that has a dry climate, this travel-size magical potion is part-toner/part-serum with active plant ingredients. Not only does it smell heavenly, it provides instant radiance. Available at Sephora.
Pack N’ Roll:
Think of your suitcase like a cake! The first layer should be soft rolled up items such as sweaters, underwear and knits (prevents wrinkling and saves soooo much space). The next layer should be folded garments such as skirts and pants, followed by a dry cleaning bag to keep everything in place. Finally, top it off with items you know you will need right away and lace your belts and shoes (follow this rule of three) around the edges. For more, read this great article from Real Simple.
So You’re On a Deserted Island…
It all sounds good in theory, however traveling to remote locations can be a little tricky when it comes to your regular beauty routine. Never fear! If you follow these simple tips, you will be beautified no matter where you are.
1. Replace your foundation with a moisturizer that does it all. Consolidate with this beautifying moisturizer that also has SPF. Foundation can dry out your skin a bit and is not practical, especially if you’re going to be out in the sun.
2. Naturally eliminate shine and skip the powder with these blotting papers. Easy and travel size!
3. That’s just my sun-kissed glow…start off looking like you’ve already been on vacation with this amazing shimmering highlighter. Great for a quick touch up on your cheeks and brows!
4. Pucker up with practical medicated lip balm to keep your lips moisturized, meanwhile use a lip stain and a little sheer gloss rather than long-lasting lipstick (which can dry out your lips and doesn’t last as long in warmer climates).
5. Long night? Didn’t sleep much on the plane? A quick pick-me-up for puffy eyes: grab some crushed ice and wrap in a towel to put under your eyes.
6. Make sure to bring enough hand cream – traveling and different climates can do a number on your hands. Plus, it can help eliminate effects of chemical grade soaps that you come across.
That’s it for now! We’re off to search for some travel deals now that we’re in the mood for a quick getaway. What are your go-to travel tips and products? Post in the comments below!